Monday, December 27, 2010

So This Is How It All Begins?

I guess this is where I start... an idea. No, a plan. I always say, next year will be different. Is it? In a word, no. But, I've had enough. I want my life back and I want to be serious about it. So I figure if I put it all out there, show the ugly truth, then I will hopefully stick with it.

Here's my plan... In 2011, I am going to organize my entire house. Sure, some of you out there think that's easy enough... you haven't seen my house. I know what an organized house looks like. I used to have one. Before I had a husband, 2 kids, 2 cats, a dog and a rabbit. Now? Now I have something that resembled (far too closely) something you would see on a TLC show.

Here's how I'm going to do it. Each month I am going to pick a room. I'm going to strip it down, get rid of all the crap that we don't need or use and then I'm going to put it all together again... on a budget. I promise to keep it cheap. Why? Because I'm too cheap to spend a ton of money. But I will do what's necessary and get the job done. Heck, I think I'll even post how much money I spent on each room to get everything together. I'm going to be organized, right? Guess I can no longer pitch those receipts the moment I walk out the door.

When... it all starts January 1. I'm going to start with the Master Bath and Master Closet.  I don't want to jump in on a project that is going to be too difficult to handle or too cumbersome that I just give up before it ever even starts.  I want to be realistic.  I figure if I start off small, I can start creating positive habits,  start forming ideas for other areas of the house and really get the ball moving in the right direction.

Well, here we go! Guess I better start shopping for a label maker on the cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment