Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why Fly Lady Doesn't Work For Me



Let me first say, I LOVE Fly Lady.  I wish I was Fly Lady.  I follow her blog, I've read her book, I try to channel her on the rare occasion I think I'm going to tackle the world (my house) in a blaze of glory.  God Bless her, that woman has more energy than a 2 year old on crack and sugar at a carnival trying to win that blasted ten cent goldfish.  But I just can't do it.

I know, I know.. she says you can only do what you can do in a day and if you don't get it all done, that's OK.  But I NEVER get it all done in a day.  By the end of three days I feel like a loser.  

I know why.  I know exactly why.  Because she wasn't expecting someone with a house like mine to come along.  You can't clean and unclutter my disaster and chaos that quickly and easily while keeping your sink spot free.  Something has to give.  She even has baby steps, just like I proclaim, start small.  But I can't wrap my mind around it.  I think it's that all or nothing mentality.  By day 6, I am toast.  You're supposed to declutter your hot spots.  HOT SPOTS???  Have you seen my house?  It is a hot spot!   This is why I basically say screw it to the rest of the house while I work on one area at a time.  Yes, I'm going to keep living in the chaos.  But there's too much crap EVERYWHERE to do her method.  Now, if you are listening Fly Lady.. I would never turn away an opportunity for you to knock on my door one day and clean my house give me some pointers and show me the way.  Really, I would bow at your feet, kiss your ring, dust your wings, whatever you would like :)

Messy Mom's Mantra:  1 room, 1 month, get rid of the chaos and move on.

I love you Fly Lady, but I don't think you were expecting the likes of me!

Until Next Time,
-Messy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment